Congratulations! You have decided to purchase a home, or are thinking about investing in one. You'll be joining the ranks of thousands of families who realize that home ownership offers a number of benefits including building equity, saving for the future, and creating an environment for your family to grow. When you own your own home, your hard-earned dollars contributed to your mortgage, allow you financial freedom. The equity you earn is yours. Over time, as your home increases in value, you may choose to stay still in your home, sell and move up to a larger home, or tap its equity and leverage yourself into an investment property.
In the following reports, you'll find the information you need to make a wise buying decision. We'll take you through the planning process step-by-step to help you determine which home is right for you. You'll find a host of informative articles on mortgages, viewing homes, the offer, closing details and moving.
Feel free to contact us with your questions about buying a home in Anne Arundel County or elsewhere in Maryland.
What can one of our Real Estate Agents do to help you buy the right home?
We will help you determine how much home you can actually afford. Often, we can suggest additional ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods. We can also introduce you to a mortgage counselor and arrange to have you "pre-approved" which will improve your negotiating position and enable you to achieve your home-buying objectives faster and with less stress.
Providing client level services, we can work for you as a buyer's agent and help negotiate the best price and terms for you. Or, we can serve as a seller's sub-agent (or disclosed dual agent), acting as a liaison between you and the seller to present offers and counteroffers until an agreement is reached.
As Your Agent We Will:
- Help you work out a realistic idea of the home best suited to your needs - size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, and other personal preferences.
- Have access to a listing of all available homes in the multi-list system, can evaluate them in terms of your needs and affordability, and will not waste your time showing you unsuitable homes.
- Suggest simple, imaginative changes that could make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- Supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- Familiarize you with the closing process and we obtain closing figures in advance of closing for your review.
- Provide you with a list of qualified home inspectors, pest inspectors, surveyors, and help to coordinate inspection appointments.
Below, select desired reports and complete the form provided: